Wednesday, July 9, 2014

I am not a gamer

This has been a constant thought since the days of Nintendo. I am not a gamer.  Day 2 of this grad school thing was spent creating a game...coding. Then, I was informed that the first assignments to be completed involved playing video games. Not just one, but multiple video games. I do not find this to be at all appealing. Further more, each group is responsible for building (I'm good with that) and coding a lego robot.

But wait, I play poker and word games on my phone. Does that make me a gamer? And, how about this, I sort of enjoyed the coding we did today. I mean, I could not do it as a job on daily basis, but I didn't hate it.

So I am left with this: Why is it that "I am not a gamer"?
What is my hesitation and discomfort? Why do I have this "eh" feeling. Why is it that when I think of completing the gaming assignments, my first thought is to find a pet shop game intended for children? What is this tech phobia? Not technology, but technical.

Most games today are story based. I love story.

I spend way to much time watching T.V. What is the difference between gaming and T.V.?

One is passive?

Also, I helped make this today. The Hardest Game Ever. You should play.

No comments:

Post a Comment