Tuesday, July 8, 2014

And so it begins...

I started a Master's Program in Learning Technologies (MALT) at Pepperdine. For reals. Today is day 1. Cadre Camp. A time for "adults" to come together, get to know one another and become oriented. Living at Pepperdine is not a bad way spend the week. Sitting in a room with 15 new friends, exciting and slightly intimidating. Going over the program goals and classes...the winning combination of nausea and excitement. I am going to have to work and work hard. And yet, I feel like I can do this. Why?

I am ready for this, not because I feel like I know enough, but because I am ready. I am ready for this adventure. I am indeed feeling overwhelmed and slightly intimidated. So many different backgrounds are represented in this group. But...I feel like I can do this! After the overview today, I can say there are definitely aspects of the program that I am not looking forward to. Gaming. Not my thing. Never really has been, aside from Mario and Luigi and Duckhunt. But...I can do this. I am doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment